Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thank you


Its been the longest winters without you.
When I thought that I didn't have you in my mind; still I existed in yours.
Oh Lord Beauty!

I shall never stop smiling, why should I? You still love me.
I regret my wrongs. I am guilty. And the moment I feel sorry, I can feel your mercy.

Some may never take that road. I knew not where I was going. With tranquility it reads, journey within.

Where I finished myself... there were still steps. Following into the world outside me.
The kingdom of never ending vastness.
Once beyond my grasp, now in my imagination.
The stars, the heaven and the galaxies.
All for a reason. All for the eye, which sees.

Just when i thought, what better could I smell? I smelled what was new to me.
Just when i thought, what better could I taste? I tasted what was new to me!
New feelings, sounds and sights.

Liberated from the shackles of myself... now I walk free. Or perhaps, I only suppose that I am. Free.

In the midst of this; the world unseen and unknown is coming into being. With every step outside myself...
... restlessness grows.

I remember the forbidden tree. Taste of which, knows all of me.

I can repent, cry and beg for mercy. You will always love me.
Enlighten me and protect me. I am bound for the journey within.
But I can't even conquer me. Help me!

I have smelled, tasted, heard, felt and seen; what I once knew not of.

How can I go back to just live with me?

Its already been the longest winters without you.

6 comments:

Salman Ali Baig said...

Mashallah...
Mr. Shareef, May Allah Bless you..
good selections of words and phrase.
Keep it Up...

Anonymous said...

I don't called this fantastic, because you shared a reality. No one hold us rather then all mighty Allah. And that was a feeling, came out to your heart n touched mine.

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmm

shagufta said...

it's a voice of our soul and often we try to don't listen but when we are alone n no one understand so that time we realise that only ALLAH is always with us.

after reading it mujhey aisa mehsoos hoa that step by step aap ne ishaq-e-majazi se ishq-e-haqiqi ka safar krna chaha ho

Anonymous said...

beautiful words:)

Faiza Mehmood said...

Artistic mind