Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I believe...

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it


I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
Lyrics from "I believe I can fly" by R Kelly

When the volcano erupted in Iceland on 20th march, some analysts feared only a flood, due to melting of ice. As a precaution authorities evacuated some 450 people in the area 100 miles southeast of the capital, Reykjavik. Flights were kept 120 nautical miles away. Some Flights were turned back. Few were cancelled.

Nobody thought this would eventually result in restricting of all flights over European space.

A new 122,000-tonne cruise ship is welcomed by a tug as it arrives England Tuesday April 20, 2010 before leaving later Tuesday to pick up around 2,000 British tourists Spain. The British government is sending three Royal Navy warships, including the aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal, across the English Channel to bring home stranded citizens after millions of travelers were stranded around the world when ash from a volcano in Iceland choked the jet age to a halt.

Last time this volcano erupted in Iceland, it was in 1821 and it continued for 2 years. There are no reports of air travel coming to a stand still, back then. Today's super sonic jet planes are driven useless by tiny particles of dust and ash; hence nature claiming its supremacy over all that mankind has achieved, invented, developed and discovered.

No comments: