Tuesday, February 9, 2010

There they go again.



After 3 weeks of staying out of my home town karachi, I am back. I have seen freezing temperatures in lahore. not just cold, but seriously cold :) Fog was thick, flights were regularly canceled and thus i traveled through my favorite joyrides; Rail. Watching whatever visible green fields i could through fog, i saw the landscape of Pakistan again. I am in love with my country, Again!

As i came back,
Karachi was already engulfed with target killing, political instability, diplomatic black mailing, and all sort of power struggle, resulting in the deaths of those innocent citizens who were reported to be not involved in anything. Some say before the differences between two major political parties over Local body government and administrative re-appointments was to be solved at the tables, it was a final show down of their respective street power. I was not in Karachi when the bullets were fired, but i know its "the streets" where the power struggle has always remained decisive. Any way; who fired?, Who
died? Why were they killed? That has never been important here. Its a city living on its own principles, norms, and agendas. The day i was doing my last radio show from lahore, Karachi was shaken by yet another series of twin bombings, resulting in the death of 27 and more than 100 injuries.

Sheikh Rasheed came under fire yesterday, in front of his election office, as he is preparing to contest by-elections from NA-55. Four died, he was safe. Who shot at the dog? No clue! And blaming PML (N) is not just stupid, shocking but actually non sense. Argument is; since they govern Punjab so its their failure. Excuse me, what about taking responsibility for the rest of the country?

Sarah Palin is being ridiculed on the media for cheating to an interview question by reading from a note written on her palm. I can hear Zardari speaking to himself in the capital....

"Thank God she didn't cheat from the same hand, i shook with her"

"Otherwise....
.....people in my country would still blame me for passing on to her....... The cheating germs"


Karachi's tense air is addictive and the thing which i missed most in Lahore was....
The rascalous snap checking of Karachi police :)

Since my first ever print interview is published in the country's most famous Women Digest;
i can now be certified as a ladies man.

The pages from khawateen Digest can be accessed here:

No comments: